- You are here
- About Us
Experian Hitwise is the leading global online competitive intelligence service, helping clients protect and grow their market share through the application of internet measurement data. Experian Hitwise measures the largest sample of internet users - 25 million worldwide, including 8 million in the UK. This sample size allows clients to understand internet behaviour and competitive activity through data that is unmatched in timeliness, depth and breadth.
Experian is the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to clients in more than 65 countries. Counting over 100,000 clients and annual revenue of $3.9 billion, Experian employs approximately 15,000 people around the world.
- Company founded by Adrian Giles and Andrew Barlow as Australasia’s first search marketing and consulting company (called Sinewave Interactive).
- R&D begins into popularity based search engine (Top100.com.au) and Hitwise Ranking service.
- Top100 Search Engine launched as world’s first popularity based search engine using ISP data.
- Hitwise Competitive Intelligence Service is launched, with ranking, profile and charting features only. Subscriptions to the service sold directly over the Internet.
- Launched Clickstream counting technology
- Launched Hitwise New Zealand
- Launched Hitwise Hong Kong
- Launched Hitwise UK
- Launched Hitwise Singapore
- Awarded 5th fastest growing technology company in Australia by Deloittes
- Awarded 10th fastest growing technology company in Asia by Deloittes
- Acquired IP assets of Plurimus Corporation in USA
- Launched Hitwise Demographics, Benchmark Reports and Media Alerts
- Formed alliance with Media Monitors to license media alerts technology
- Grew sample size to 13M Internet users and 200,000 websites
- Launched Hitwise US
- Awarded Telstra Small Business of the Year Finalists
- Adrian Giles named Ernst & Young, Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist
- Launched Hitwise Lifestyle
- Grew sample size to 25M Internet users and 500,000 websites measured
- Launched Hitwise Search Intelligence™
- Hitwise Lifestyle developed and launched
- Established strategic partnerships with Claritas and Experian
- Telstra Small Business of the Year Finalists
- Awarded 6th fastest growing technology company by Deloittes
- American Business Awards Finalist
- Named Victorian Export Awards Finalists
- Launched Keyword Intelligence service
- Awarded Deloitte & Touche Technology Fast 50 - New York, 2006
- Launched Hitwise Conversions technology
- Grew database to 800,000 websites measured
- Purchased HitDynamics marketing management platform
- Grew database to 1 million websites measured
- Announcement of Experian’s acquisition of Hitwise
- Launched Hitwise Dashboards interface
- 1500 clients worldwide
- Completed acquisition and integration with Experian
- Publication of Click
- Launched new Hitwise Search Intelligence™
- Ranked 37th on the Honomichl list of the top 50 US Market Research Firms
- Launched Hitwise Canada
- Launched Hitwise Brazil