New look design across the entire platform
- From the new login page, to the new homepage and all the way through each report, you will enjoy a cleaner, more modern theme throughout the application.
- Click the Hitwise logo to go back home from anywhere in the platform, and access the profiler tool.
Get a more in-depth view of your Profiler report
- Click-through the relevant data and AudienceView will automatically generate a Digital Behaviour Report without any additional set ups. This is currently available on the Analyse Digital Performance
- If needed, you can adjust the parameters of this new report (e.g. changing the reporting period) using the Edit button on the top right corner of the Digital Behaviour Report screen.
New Percentage Metrics Available in Activity Stream Reports
- Occurrences Shares and Reach Beta are now available as part of Activity Stream reports, within the Digital Behaviour Report.
As a reminder, Activity Stream reports reveals the activity of a target audience prior to (upstream) and after (downstream) interacting with a selected website or industry of interest. These insights help you identify opportunities to engage audiences on their preferred channels before they reach you or your competitors. Insights available in Activity Stream reports can also help marketers discover to where they lose audience — an important consideration in developing more effective audience engagement and content development strategies.
Using the above as an example, you can check how results should be interpreted including previously available and new metrics list below:
Metric: Traffic Occurrences
Definition: The number of times (Occurrences) that users in the target audience have interacted with one site either before or after another site.
How to Read the Data: 77,967 was the number of times ‘Females searching for Festivals’ interacted with www.topshop.com before going to www.asos.com
Metric: Occurrences Share (New Metric)
Definition: The percentage of times (Occurrences) users in the target audience have interacted with one site either before or after interacting with another site. The percentage is calculated in relation to all sites they interacted with either before or after the selected site, including all instances when no other site was visited before (new sessions).
How to Read the Data: 1.6% was the percentage of times ‘Females searching for Festivals’ interacted with www.topshop.com before going to www.asos.com
Metric: Unique UsersBETA
Definition: The estimated number of individuals (Unique Users) in the target audience who interacted with one site either before or after another site. We’ve taken account of individuals visiting the sites with different devices – they still only count as one individual.
How to Read the Data: 13,311 was the number of ‘Females searching for Festivals’ who interacted with www.topshop.com before going to www.asos.com.
Metric: ReachBETA (New Metric)
Definition: The percentage of individuals (Unique Users) in your target audience who interacted with one site either before or after another site. The percentage is calculated in relation to all individual (Unique Users) in your segment who visited the selected site.
How to Read the Data: 10.49% was the percentage of ‘Females searching for Festivals’ who interacted with www.topshop.com before going to www.asos.com.
Expanded Search Term Limit in Segment Builder
When selecting a search term as part of your audience creation criteria, you can now select up to 50,000 variations for each search term you enter; previously this number was limited to the top 100 variations only.
This massive improvement further streamlines the overall segment building process, meaning you can quickly and easily create segments in AudienceView of individuals who have searched for any relevant search term variations that you wish to include as part of your audience definition.
As a reminder, all search term variations suggested in Segment Builder are based and sorted by the most popular ones by search share in the last 12 weeks available from the moment you are building your segment.
Create portfolios in the Segment Builder
Another new feature introduced in Segment Builder in this release is the Create Portfolio button for search terms. This is available when you select search terms as part of your segment building criteria, and facilitates how you can create portfolios in our platform.
After entering and selecting the search terms variations, just hit the Create Portfolio button on the top right corner of your screen. Your portfolio will be immediately available for you to use in Segment Builder as well as in other areas of the platform.
Revamped Portfolio Builder
We have also revamped the entire Portfolio Builder functionality. Now you can create and edit portfolios using a user-friendly interface. As a reminder, portfolios can include websites or search terms, and are a useful way to customised your experience with our platform.
- Website Portfolios are a great way to easily define a competitive set featuring only your key competitors’ websites. Also, they can be used to include your main affiliate marketing partners or websites in your media plan.
- Search Term Portfolios are a useful tool to include a list of all your key PPC or SEO keywords. They are also particularly helpful to create bundling up variations of multiple search terms — e.g. top variations of “car insurance” in combination with top variations of “home insurance”.
To build them, from anywhere in the platform just select the Create button on the top ribbon of your screen and then select Portfolio. From there you can choose whether you want to work on a Website or a Search Term portfolio, and then either manually add new entries using the new interface facilities or use the upload tool to import bulk lists in CSV file format.
Note: Portfolios may include up to 5,000 websites / 50,000 search terms.
For more information about this release or AudienceView, reach out to your Hitwise Account Manager or our Client Success Team.