Uncovering the Retailer Black Box
Benchmarking Category & Product Performance for Brands and Retailers
Despite thousands and thousands of brands online, the top ten retailers account for 44% of all online retail traffic in the UK. Amazon alone attracts 26% of this traffic, with consumers increasingly starting their search journey on the e-tailing giant.
The dominance of Amazon is undeniable. Very few brands as well only sell direct. Many must rely on retailers and partner channels to generate sales, and as a result, are left with little insight other than their own sales figures.
We call this the Retailer Black Box – the blind spot of a brand’s true performance on retailer sites, and equally important, the retailer’s blind spot when it comes to benchmarking across competitor sites.
In our webinar, we reviewed how to...
- Dig deeper within a retailer’s site: Benchmarking category performance on Amazon, John Lewis and Tesco
- Identify trending brands and products: Understanding why categories have risen or fallen, and how to spot hot products
- Track page views to conversions: Understanding a brand’s true conversion, and how to put into context against competitor brands
- Uncover top stats from Amazon Prime Day: Identifying the top categories, brands and products
- Plan for Peak in 2018: Detailing top recommendations and tactics for peak retail period (Cyber Week and Christmas Week)
Global Head of Insights
Research & Analytics Consultant